Best Online Baccarat sites
- Crypto Friendly
- Variety of Slots & Games
- 220 Allowed Countries
1,000 Free Spins and 100% Bonus to Deposit
- Crypto friendly
- Customer support available
- Variety of different providers
100% up to $1000 + 50 Free Spins
- Curacao licensed
- Email and live chat support available
- Variety of payment options
100% up to €200
Brief History of Baccarat
It is believed that this popular game, Baccarat, originated from an old Etruscan ritual. It was later changed into a wagering leisure activity using tarot cards. The word Baccarat comes from an Italian slang and was originally known as ‘Baccara’ which means zero. You can trace its history from the 15th century. However, the modern Baccarat was made in the 19th century following the French adaptation ‘Chemin de fer.’
Baccarat has evolved into different forms over the years. It was launched into the casinos of Las Vegas in the mid-20th century. Authors like Ian Flemming have painted the grandiose image on the card game. The game became even more popular among high rollers due to its elite status. It has been given by most casinos such as high minimums and separate rooms. There are, however, Mini-Baccarats that do not require high stakes. The introduction of Mini-Baccarat increased the game’s popularity among local players.
There are various types of online Baccarat to choose from. Each form can alter the playing style and the necessary skills required. Online gamblers worldwide enjoy playing the game and frequently get together to play and chat.
Basic Rules of Playing Online Baccarat
Playing online Baccarat is fun and easy. The aim of a hand is to have the highest score. You do not make any choices when it comes to taking extra cards. Once betting is completed, the house deals 2 cards to 2 hands, followed by a 3rd according to predetermined rules.
When playing Baccarat, the aim is to predict the hand values closest to 9. Cards numbered between 2 to 9 are worth their face value. Picture cards and tens are worth 10 points while the aces are worth 1 point. The last point value of a hand comes in single digits extracted from the rightmost figures. It, therefore, means that if the total hand of value is 16 (for instance 7 and 9), it is worth 6 points. The highest score for any hand is 9; the dealer then announces the total.
If either the Banker or the Player has a total of 8 or 9, the hand is finished with the highest value and declared the winner. If both hands don’t have an 8 or 9, a third card is issued to either side. Chemin de fer allows you to accept or decline additional cards after the first deal. Punto Banco, on the other hand, has fixed options, and the casino controls the game.
If the Banker or the Player has 8 or 9, it is referred to as ‘natural,’ and both hands stand. Play will proceed if neither the Player nor the Banker has 8 or 9. If there is a total of 0-5 on the Player’s hand, then a third card is drawn before standing on a total of 6 or 7. Once the third card is drawn, things get a little bit complicated.
Whether or not a third card is taken will depend on the initial total sum:
- The Banker draws another card with a sum of 2 or less regardless of the Player’s card.
- The Banker draws another card with a sum of 3 unless 8 is the Player’s third card.
- The Banker draws another card with a sum of 4 if the Player’s third card is between 2 and 7.
- The Banker draws another card with a sum of 5 if the Player’s third card is between 4 and 7.
- The Banker draws another card with a sum of 6 if the Player’s third card is a 6 or 7.
- The Banker stands on 7 always.
- The cards are then added and winners determined.
Online Baccarat Betting Options
If you sit down at any online Baccarat game, you will see three boxes. The boxes are used to place bets. When you play online Baccarat and bet real money, you will be given three options: bet on the ‘Banker,’ the ‘Player,’ or a ‘Tie.’ If you place your bet on the Player and win, you will receive an even money payout. It means that a £20 wager would pay back £40 (£20 plus your original £20 stake).
Winning a bet on the Banker pays more, but there is a 5% commission to be paid to the casino. The commission is charged since the Banker has a statistical edge over the Player. Betting on the Tie is not recommended. It pays out 8/1 and is also the least likely of all the outcomes.
Many online casinos offer side bets for those who wish to try other bets other than the regular real money action in online Baccarat. Press the relevant buttons and bet on Player Pair, Banker Pair, Either Pair, Perfect Pair, or Big and Small. The Banker Pair and Player Pair side bets win if the first two cards dealt to the Banker and Player form a pair. For example, the Player gets the King of Hearts, and the Banker gets King of Diamonds.
A paytable in your real money online casino is available with the payout odds of the side bets. Side bets keep the gameplay fun while the action continues. You do not have to bet on the main game but instead on side action.
How We Rate the Best Online Casinos for Baccarat
There are various variants of online Baccarat that you can choose to play.
- Punto Banco- it is popular with Canadian, American, and Australian players. It has, in the recent past, also become popular with UK players. The game uses fixed rules, and free plays are not allowed.
- Chemin de fer- it originated from France, and players can bet against one another as the house also takes a certain fee from each player’s prize money. The Banker can also take a third card regardless of the sum of their first two cards.
- European Baccarat- the main differences between Punto Banco and European Baccarat are that the Player has an option to stand or draw on five, and the Banker chooses whether or not to draw a third card.
- Mini-Baccarat- it is one of the popular versions of online Baccarat and is available as both a live dealer game and a table game. It has smaller stakes than other traditional games, making it convenient for players who are new or are on a budget.
- Live Dealer Baccarat- it is among the most popular types of online Baccarat, as well as the newest. Instead of using computer-generated gameplay and results determined by RNG software, it is hosted by professional live dealers. The games use a card shoe and a baccarat table. You get to view the game live through a high-quality live stream, and you can interact with the live dealer and other players via a live chat feature.
You can play online Baccarat in many of our recommended online casinos that are both safe and secure. A good Baccarat site should have gaming licenses from reputable gambling commissions. The site should meet the set regulations to protect you, the Player, from irresponsible gambling. The set standards help you play responsibly. Some of the measures include self-exclusion and deposit limits.
It is important for you to know that the online casino you are visiting to play online Baccarat has fair shuffling. The site should also be audited by independent companies like eCOGRA or TST. These are some of the top-rated auditing companies for online casinos worldwide. Online Baccarat games should generate unbiased game results. This is all thanks to the use of the software code Random Number Generator (RNG). It ensures that each selection of the Baccarat game is random.
The best sites should make use of the latest SSL encryption technology to protect your details and funds. Who wants their accounts hacked and money or information stolen? The purpose of this technology is to break data into codes that can be deciphered by the recipients’ accounts. It is, therefore, important to regularly check for audit information and licensing details of an online casino before playing their online Baccarat games. Here we only recommend the best online casinos for you.
You can also play online Baccarat from your desktop or tablet devices. With the increase in the growth of mobile casinos, today, you can play mobile Baccarat using your mobile devices. Just ensure that you download the mobile app from your preferred online casino website.
The best online casinos will offer you a welcome bonus offer on your first deposit. If you are a new online Baccarat player, a good online casino should provide you with a deposit bonus to earn you some extra cash. The premium varies from one casino to the other. It can be a 50%, 100%, or even more up to a certain amount, say £300.
There are many other offers, bonuses, promotions, and tournaments available when you play online Baccarat. Online Baccarat tournaments are a popular aspect of this game. Good players are attracted to the tournaments and find them highly profitable. The tournaments charge an entry fee, but the excitement and fun in participating is great. There are also exclusive Baccarat bonuses depending with the online casino.
The best online Baccarat casinos offer a variety of deposit/withdrawal options. You can choose to deposit or withdraw your funds using multiple online methods that are fast and secure. Examples of methods of payments for most online Baccarat sites are PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, Zimpler, Ecopayz, Entropay, Revolut, and many more. These methods of payment are safe, secure, and offer fast payouts.
You may encounter a problem when playing your favorite Baccarat game. Questions may vary, and you may require some assistance, for example, on ‘how to deposit’ or ‘how to play’?
The customer support team is always there for you. The best online Baccarat casinos are determined by good the customer service is. You need a casino that offers customer support round the clock. The most common options are:
- 24/7 live chat- you can chat with the customer support agent in real-time.
- Phone- a good online casino should have a free toll number that you can call to speak to a direct agent.
- Email- an email address should be available where you can send your questions, and the response time should be quick.
All our recommended online Baccarat sites offer excellent customer support service.
Can I Play Online Baccarat for Free?
Yes! You can choose to play online Baccarat for free or for real money. Place your bet on either the Player or the Banker to see who gets close to the 9 point mark. Free Baccarat is available if you wish to test your skills.
Here are some free online Baccarat features:
- You can try out the various betting system with minimal risk.
- There is no pressure to join a loyalty program.
- Software is similar to real-cash-games.
Real money baccarat has the following features:
- It’s not a must that you go to an offline casino to play.
- You can play online Baccarat for high or low risk.
- You can win real cash.
- You are eligible for a welcome bonus.
Knowing all the Baccarat game rules is not adequate to make you become a pro. You should also have a clear understanding of the best Baccarat strategies that are there. You do not have to make hard decisions while playing as compared to games like online Blackjack. At the end of the day, remember that online Baccarat is a game of chance, and there is no particular formula that exists to beat the odds. Therefore, why don’t you sign up for an account at any of recommended online casinos and enjoy this classic table game.